Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Bavarian Alps

So I not only got a little behind with my posting here, we had a couple nights in a hotel where I did not have internet access - which got me even farther behind! So I'll try to catch up a bit now . . . ;-)

We took another hike in the Bavarian Alps before we had to bid a sad farewell. We really liked being out in nature here. As I said in a post a couple of days ago, we had a bit of a rain storm and so the waterfalls were a lot bigger and faster. We hiked up to a place called Wimbachschloss. It was a long way up (easy coming down!) and not much of a "schloss" - it was now a lunch/snack place for hikers! But it was still a good hike. Pictures:


At the entrance to "NationalPark Berchtesgaden"





This is Joanna is a "wadi" - a dry stream bed farther up the hike. I think it is filled with water during the Spring rains and snow melt. But look how big!


Me with an Alpine Marmot at Wimbachschloss.


Wimbachschloss

After this hike, we drove to Hintersee and hiked around the lake there. (We wanted to go to Konigsee and see that larger lake, but it was quite crowded - so we decided to do this smaller one.)



By this time it was getting late in the afternoon and we still had a bit of a drive to our next stop, so off we went . . . to a little place not too far outside of Munich, which you may have heard of before . . .

No comments: