Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Higher Things - Day 2

Got through Day 1! All the youth got here, safe and sound. But wow. Busy. Not much down time. The Opening Service was great. And I didn't flub anything! But it seems like I'm always running around, taking care of something. Either planning, set-up, take down, preparing, helping. These conferences take a lot more work than I imagined.

So today, in addition to all the services and chaplain stuff, I am scheduled to teach my first breakaway and also I think we will be making a video of a "teaching Divine Service" in the afternoon. That will be during the panel discussion time (which I really wanted to go to!). Oh well. My daughter will have to tell me about it.

Got to see some folks I haven't seen in a long time. I didn't get picture with them all yet, but I did take a couple yesterday:


Miss Natalie Ludwig, former member of our mission in Purcellville.


Jocelyn Benson, Head Teacher for Wittenberg Academy


Pastor Chris Rosebrough, one of our plenary speakers.


View looking into the chapel from behind the altar.
(The ugly parament belongs to the chapel. They didn't want us to take it off, so we just covered it up so it can't be seen by anywhere else but behind the altar!)


A gray fox we saw on campus yesterday!

I'm sure there's more to write, but I'll post this now and maybe add to it later. :-)

No comments: