Friday, July 29, 2022

Higher Things, Day 4 - Second Full Day

The schedule for Thursday is much like the schedule for Wednesday, and by now everyone knows the drill and things tend to run smoothly. All the youth seem to be having a good time and it sounds like good learning, too. One difference was that last night there are some fire pits to sit around and chat about . . . anything on your mind. I was one of the pastors "assigned" to a fire pit to talk with the youth (and some adults) that came. It was an enjoyable time to talk with them. During the day, with the panel Q&A, there were some really hard questions asked! I did not get any doozies, but still good chats. They had announced that they were not providing S'mores this year, so my daughter and I walked over to the Dollar Store across the street from Valpo and bought the ingredients ourselves - so whoever came to our fire pit got some! ;-)

Some more pictures for you . . .


Jocelyn Benson, Head Teacher at Wittenberg Academy, my daughter's school. This picture should come in handy one day, don't you think?


Kathy Berg, wife of Pastor John Berg of Sheboygan, WI. I sang with Kathy in the Schola Kantorum at the Seminary when her husband and I overlapped there.


This is the room I taught in - a recital hall! The video screen was ginormous! I had to take a picture of it! I taught again today, and while I had fewer in attendance, the presentation went a bit better. 


I previously posted a picture of the inside of the chapel - here's what the chancel area looks like from the outside. Pretty impressive.


Pastor Larry Feldt (I think I'm spelling that right!) of Denver, IA (the mile WIDE city!). Larry and I overlapped at Seminary.


The Douthwaites all together before the start of one of the plenary sessions.

And finally, last but certainly not least . . .


What is this monstrosity, you ask? The air conditioning system for the chapel! Who's the genius engineer who design that rat's nest of hoses!

Anyway, one more day (a half-day) and then the long trek home. But that's for tomorrow's post.

No comments: