Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Higher Things, Day 2 - Getting Started

The conference began today. We ate a good brunch (since dinner is the first meal provided here) and drove the final two hours. We arrived around Noon, checked in, found our rooms, unpacked, made the beds, and then it was time to head to the chapel for the opening Divine Service. I'm not sure how many are in attendance, but we seem to have filled the chapel pretty good. Here's a picture of the inside:


To get an idea of the size of this chapel (and it is rather large!), check out the pulpit on the wall under the chandelier on the right. We were sitting about 1/3 of the way back, I think. The only bad thing about the chapel is that the sound system really isn't very good. ;-(

After the service we went to another building for the welcome and the first Plenary session. The speaker had a lot of energy and kept the kids engaged. Then it was time for dinner - a pretty good selection of food, and met and talked with some pastor friends. As always, I got some pictures . . . Some of these pastors you've seen before from previous Higher Things pictures. :-)


Dave Mumme, Minnesota South 1st VP


Jim Leistico, serving in Canada, eh!


Nathan Neugebauer, serving in South Dakota, did his vicarage in my circuit in the SELC.


Joe Murphy, Parker, Colorado, and classmate at Seminary


Chris Sifferlein, Littitz, PA, vicared close by when I was in NY.

My nephew Adam is also here with a group, along with his wife Sarah. I got to talk with them a little but didn't get a picture yet. I still have a couple of days . . .

Soon it will be time to pray Compline and head off to bed. I should sleep good tonight!

No comments: