Tuesday, May 17, 2022

My Next Cycling Event

So my next cycling event will be the Armed Forces Cycling Classic Challenge Ride. Click on the tab above for more information. 

I've never ridden in an event like this before, so this will be something new for me. I was a long distance runner in High School and College, so I'm used to mass start events, but on foot not on a bike! But there's only one way to get used to it, and that is to do it. So that's what I'm going to do. I'll let you know how it goes. 

The "challenge" part of the ride is to see how many laps you can complete in three hours. The more laps you complete, the higher medal you receive. It is an approx. 6.5 mile loop. You need to complete six laps for a silver medal, nine for gold. So nine laps is approx. 58.5 miles. I did my Metric Century ride last year (100 km, or 62 miles) in just under four hours, so it's unlikely I can do the full nine laps in three hours, but at least six should be doable and not too hard.

The cause this ride supports (as you can see if you click on the tab above) supports the survivors of those killed in the military. If you'd like to support them, I have a fundraising page to sponsor me and do so.

June 4th is the day! I'll post about how I did then. ;-)


No comments: