Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Here We Go Again!

So last year, I issued "The Pastor Challenge" to try to raise money for the Assist Pregnancy Center. The challenge was this: I would challenge myself to do a "Metric Century" bike ride (100 kilometers, or 62 miles) in 4 hours, and I challenged folks to donate more money than we've ever raised for the Pregnancy Center. Last year, I am happy to say, we succeeded on both counts!

So this year, I'm doing it again - but bigger than before. My challenge this year is to do a full Century bike ride (100 miles) in 6 hours, and I challenge folks to raise at least $10,000 for the Lutherans for Life team in the Walk-Run-Ride for Life. This one's going to be tough, for me, at least. That's a looooong way! I think I'm in better shape than last year, but we'll see - I'm also a year older! I went out Friday for my first long ride of the year, a 50 miler, and did okay for the first 35 or so miles . . . then it was survival. We'll see how it goes.

And here's an added incentive: we are applying for matching funds from the LCMS, up to $10,000. So (hopefully) all donations up to that amount will be doubled! 

CLICK HERE to go to the Lutherans for Life fundraising page and sponsor Pastor or any other member of the team (when they join). OR sign-up yourself and help us raise even more! Let's do this!

No comments: