Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Ash Wednesday

Dust you are, and to dust you will return.
Yes, but as I preached one year: Dust you are, and to life you will return!
Because of Jesus' death and resurrection for you.


For my Lenten discipline this year I have chosen to read J.G. Hamann's London Writings. These are meditations upon Scripture and a critique of the rationalistic thinking of his day. If I read approx. 10 pages per day, I'll get through this book by the end of Lent. That's manageable, giving me time also to not read too quickly and reflect on what he is saying. I'm sure I'll post some thoughts here that he spurs in me. 

I'll also have the daily discipline of updating and sending out prompts for our Lenten Life Calendar. Don't know what that is? Click on the tab below the masthead of this blog and find out!


No comments: