Saturday, January 4, 2020

Don't Drive Drunk

I was in Detroit all this week visiting my in-laws. My son went to my house on New Year's Day to make sure there were no packages or things sitting out. There weren't. But something was missing - my mailbox! So my sons calls me . . . Did you do something with your mailbox? . . . Uh, no. Why? . . . 'Cause it isn't there!

My son found some chrome pieces and pieces of the mailbox on the sidewalk, some tire marks in the grass, and some mud tracks in the street. So he followed the dirt trail a couple of streets over and found the mailbox . . .


We're guessing that someone had a few too many on New Year's Eve and not only ran it over, but dragged it for a while. Our mail carrier said that there was another mailbox missing on another street. Same driver? Who knows.


Here's what it looked like up close. Oof-da!

So my job today was to dig out the old sheered-off post and install a new mailbox. It wasn't too bad a job. It was pretty warm here today, so the ground wasn't frozen and it was good weather to work outside. Not exactly what I wanted to do the day back from a mini-vacation, but what can you do? But I did a nice job, if I do say so myself!