Friday, November 1, 2019

I'm Back (I think)

I took some time off from blogging. After my Dad's funeral and a few days away, I had a lot to catch up on, the Fall schedule starting up, and just wanted to take some time off and process. I'm not sad but still going through the grieving process, being at times tired and lethargic. But I'm getting through it. :-)

I realized that I really had two Dads: one, the Dad of my youth and the Dad I would visit in Ridley Park; and two, the Dad who lived with me here, who needed me to take care of him. When I think of the first Dad, I have fond memories and enjoy looking back and remembering all that we did together and all that he taught me. However, it is the second Dad that I find myself missing. He was a lot of work and often frustrating, but that's the Dad that I am grieving. I guess it makes sense because he was here with me these past six years. But I still think it interesting.

In church a couple of Sundays ago, we sang the hymn that I believe was the last (or one of the last) hymns I ever sang to him. It was Sunday morning - the last time the sun would rise on him here on this earth - and before I left to help out at a church up near Harrisburg (which was supposed to be the first Sunday of my vacation), I had a devotion with him and sang "Entrust Your Days and Burdens" to him. That was tough. That hymn will also have special meaning for me now. This Sunday we will celebrate All Saints Day and Sing "For All the Saints" - that will be tough too, as we sang that at his funeral. Hopefully I'll be able to get through it. :-)

Click here for a taste of the hymn "Entrust Your Days and Burdens." Click here to read the lyrics.

Click here to hear "For All the Saints" sung at a Higher Things youth gathering we attended. Click here to read the lyrics.

One last thing . . .

Thursday was my youngest's birthday, so Happy Birthday to this beautiful young lady! (For some reason, I cannot add the picture, but will try again later . . .)



1 comment:

自拍a片 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.