Monday, June 24, 2013

Yes, I Am Still Alive!

Haven't blogged in a while . . . very tired from all the activity here of getting our house ready to list, entertaining visitors, and getting ready to leave for Higher Things - Scranton early tomorrow morning. While we are gone the painters will come and re-paint the whole interior of our house. Got to do that if you want to sell well here. It's nice they can do it while we're away - that will make things much, much easier. So today, final preparations for Higher Things (teaching and preaching) and for the painters.

I am looking forward to Higher Things and being away for a few days. A change of pace will be nice. It's always busy and hectic - so much going on there! - but I'll get to sit and listen and be fed too, and talk to some brother pastors, and spend good time with my kids. So it'll be a good week.

We had a good Fathers Day weekend. My sister brought my father down to spend it with us. Then my in-laws came later that week and we got to play lots of cards with them. That's always nice.

What has been falling to the side with all this activity is my school stuff. I am still working on my French, but I haven't been able to do any exam reading. That's not good. We'll see how the next few weeks go. Once our house lists, the realtor expects it to be contracted pretty fast. We'll have a contingency on the contract of our finding a new house, so either things will get really hectic (if we find a place) or things will slow down as we just keep looking.

And then there's VBS in two weeks too . . .  :-)

No comments: