Monday, September 5, 2011

Just Braggin' . . .


One day, Mrs. Peasant will realize how totally awesome she is!

Last week, she was chosen to help design the oncology unit of the new children's hospital that is in the planning stages. What works, what doesn't, what is good and helpful to the nurses - that kind of thing. So, on Wednesday, she will board a private jet (perhaps not unlike the one on the left) and fly to Grand Rapids to begin the process. She will return Wednesday night, tired, I'm sure!

And no, she didn't back into this because no one else wanted to go! She was their top choice!

Now, this presented some problems for us, as it is a school day for all the rest of us. But how could we not let her go and do this? So, I told my professor last week that I would get in as fast as I could, but would be late for class. But in His usual mega-God-awesome way (Is that a word? I guess it is now!), turns out the professor is returning from a trip to Brazil that very morning, and would like to go home and shower before coming in to teach. So we are starting class an hour later. Just too cool. Now, as long as traffic isn't too bad and I get home in time to pick up my youngest from kindergarten later in the afternoon (after my second class), all will be well.

2 comments:

Rev. James Leistico said...

very awesome, dear brother! how exciting! God grant her wisdom-filled advice, safe travel, and a joyous homecoming to a parsonage still in one piece. (And may He grant you strength and patience while Mommy is gone.)

Pastor Peasant said...

Thanks, Jim. I think I'll be able to keep the parsonage standing, but unless she leaves something in the freezer for dinner, the kids might have to settle for some PB&J! ;-)