Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sadness

I just learned this week that a brother pastor of mine is resigning his call and resigning from the Office of the Holy Ministry. I do not know all the details and why he reached this conclusion, though I know things have been difficult for him and his church lately. This morning I wrote him a letter to thank him for his years of faithful service. I wish I could have been more of a support for him. His church and our church body will miss him.

Yet he is not the only one. Others have resigned and will resign, for a variety of reasons. Pastors and churches will always face the assaults of the evil one - assaults directed at us both outwardly and inwardly. It is not easy being a pastor or a Christian. So, please pray for your pastor and all pastors. Encourage them and support them. They need it. And we need them.

No comments: