Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Weeks

Well, I've had my new MacBook for two weeks now. There are many things I really like about it, like how quickly it powers up and down, not having to worry about viruses, and Pages works really well and has some neat features. (I do wish it had some of the fonts that I liked using in Word, however.)

There have been some frustrations also. Like, Safari doesn't work as well with my blogging - does some funny things. I have to use Firefox for some things instead. Also, converting documents to Word (for sharing) is . . .  funky. Not all the formatting seems to be preserved. I had to download a program for burning DVDs to do what I like to do, and my laser printer has no Mac driver! :-( I must say, though, the folks at Apple have been very helpful and for the most part knowledgeable. I am happy that I made the switch, even though it has not been a smooth and seamless as I had hoped.

1 comment:

Wolf Pack said...

Pastor,
Have you tried the "free" "word" copy that's online - I forget what it is called but I'll look it up if you want. It might be worth it to just buy the Office for Mac (it is around $100). I haven't had any problems transferring word documents. But I've also forgotten what you've done to try and solve this problem too.
I never use safari. I love Firefox. It's installed on my computer but I've opened it maybe once in the last four years. I switched from Safari about 6 months after I got the Mac.
What I really need to do is explore Thunderbird (I'd use it if I didn't have to get rid of my e-mail at yahoo and gmail to do it. :)
I'm in trouble now, since I've found your blog! One more thing to read.