Thursday was the first Board for International Mission meeting of the new triennium. That means Board elections. The man who served as our chair for the past number of years got elected to the Synod Board of Directors, meaning a new chair had to be elected. And yes, yours truly was elected. What does this mean? Not exactly sure! Some of my responsibilities I know, some I will discover, and some will come about as I settle into this position. In chapel that morning, President Harrison made a pretty funny comment as he introduced people at the end. When he asked who was elected our chair and I just smiled at him, he said, "Well that didn't go the way I was hoping!" It was pretty funny. Here's the link to the service - check it our for yourself. :-)
Martin Luther once said: “The world is like a drunken peasant. If you lift him into the saddle on one side, he will fall off on the other side.” These are the chronicles, thoughts, and questions of a Lutheran pastor just struggling to stay on his theological horse, and not fall off one side or the other.
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Wednesday to Saint Louis
So Wednesday morning we visited with our friends a bit more, then it was back to Milwaukee to fly out - me to Saint Louis and my wife back home. Of course, since she was flying into Reagan National, her flight was delayed! My flight to Saint Louis was pretty quick and easy. The rental car . . . not so much! Turns out this is an extremely busy week in Saint Louis with lots of special events, and I got one of the last rental cars available! (And yes, it cost an arm and a leg!) But hopefully, since I was asked to rent it to help transport the Board around, the Synod will reimburse in full.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment