Monday, June 5, 2023

Bike Ride - Update

So, my wife (she's really smart) looked at my previous post about my bike race on Saturday. She said: "Hey Dummy!" (OK, she didn't say that!) But she said: the speeds listed there are probably a cumulative average, not the speed for each lap. Now THAT makes a lot of sense and is much more in agreement to how I felt I rode. :-)  (Did I mention she's really smart?) 

So that means the first three laps I had the speed I needed/wanted and maintained pretty well. The next three I dropped off a little, and the last two I dropped off more - especially the last lap! I was pretty tired by then. So yup, she's right. That's how they calculated it. 

So, that means I gained the speed I needed to get a gold medal, but I didn't have the strength/endurance for the whole race this year - which is what I wrote, that I was not in quite as good a shape as I was last year. But that gives me hope for next year, that if I can keep going and gain some more strength (and the dang race starts on time!), I can get a gold medal. We'll see! 


No comments: