Monday, March 6, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee


I haven't done one of these in a while, so here goes!

#1 - I know, I know, I still haven't posted about our third day in Panama! I will, hopefully soon.

#2 - Talking with some folks yesterday, the comment was made that some people refer to Episcopalians/Anglicans as "Catholic-lite." The thought jumped into my head, then you know what Lutherans are? Catholic-RIGHT!  ;-)

#3 - I did some reading recently about science and religion and their relationship. While the Church cannot be and must not be anti-science, she must also first and foremost be pro-Scripture.

#4 - In Bible Class yesterday, I mentioned that the Law is our natural language, the Gospel is like a foreign language to us. We default to the Law in our thoughts. That's why we must constantly hear and learn and imbibe the Gospel. Because like with any language you learn, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Have a great day!


No comments: