Monday, December 20, 2021

Like Books?

Like books? I know, that's old fashioned, right? Lots of people read from e-readers, phones, etc. now. But there's just something to me about holding a book in your hand and reading.

So Friday was my birthday and my wife and daughter took me to a used book store they found out in Manassas called McKay's Used Books. I highly recommend you stop in there if you find yourself in that area. It is a large store, well organized, and cheap! How cheap? Books that I would see for $7-8 in other used books store would be $2-3 at McKays. Or cheaper! I got six books on Friday - none theology, just other things for me to read for learning and pleasure. And the prices? 

0.35 - hardcover, 200 pages, about Germans pastors in Nazi concentration camps
0.36 - softcover, 500 pages, Jeff Shaara historical-novel on D-Day
0.97 - a John Irving novel, hardcover, 500+ pages
1.50 - softcover (but not a small paperback), 500 pages, on the Battle of Chancellorsville
2.00 - hardcover, 250 pages, "Great Gambles of the Civil War"
2.00 - Band of Brothers (you might have heard of this one!) I was going to get out of the library, but hey, for 2 bucks! 300 pages

If you're counting, that's over 2,000 pages of reading for only about $7! I like to read while riding my bike on my trainer, makes the time go by much faster! These - plus theology that I will intersperse with them - will keep me in reading for some time. :-)

So stop in at McKay's. You'll have fun and won't regret it.

No comments: