Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Happy Birthday

Today would have been my father's 97th birthday, although the last few years of his life, he never believed he was that old. I guess that's good - he didn't feel old. We would sometimes talk about him making it to 100. Sometimes he thought he would like to live that long, other times he thought not. We would usually look for cards that mentioned both St. Patrick's Day and birthday together. There are a few! He especially liked the Peanuts cards. They always made him smile. And he loved his Irish Potatoes! They were a nice dessert treat for his birthday. He had a niece that would always send him some. I remember when we first moved here that I went looking for Irish Potatoes in the stores, and no one knew what they were! I guess they are more regional, though you can find them here and there in the stores here now. Anyway, here's to my father on what will always be his day. The picture below is from the 90th birthday party we had for him when he moved down to live with us. :-)



No comments: