Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Drawn to the Cross, Which Thou Hast Blessed

Drawn to the Cross, Which Thou Hast Blessed
LSB #560

v. 1: Drawn to the cross, which Thou hast blessed
With healing gifts for souls distressed,
To find in Thee my life, my rest,
Christ crucified, I come.

v. 2: Thou knowest all my griefs and fears,
Thy grace abused, my misspent years;
Yet now to Thee with contrite tears,
Christ crucified, I come.

How do we find our life, our rest, in Christ crucified? For if there’s something a lot of people need right now, it’s life and rest! Well, there are three ways. First, Jesus knows what I’m going through when I face death. He’s been there. He suffered, He bled, He died. He understands our fear and anxiety. He doesn’t tell us to “get over it!” but, “I’m with you.” Second, Jesus was crucified for all my sins. All that I’ve done wrong. My misspent years and all the gifts from Him that I’ve abused and taken for granted, including the gift of life. Many people condemn us for our sins, but Jesus does not! He was condemned for them in our place, that we have forgiveness. And third, Jesus’ death was followed by His resurrection from the dead, which means He can see me through my own death. He conquered it for me! So in these days when death and the threat of death is all around us, what shall we do? Christ crucified, I come! I go to the one who came for me that I might live. He is my life, my rest, my peace.

No comments: