Friday, July 1, 2016

Higher Things - Day 3

My calves are sore. I can't remember the last time I had sore calves. I guess the last time I walked this much in a week. :-)

The day started, as usual, with breakfast . . .


No, this breakfast of champions was not MY breakfast! His or her identity will remain secret . . .

After Matins, we then had our final two breakaway sessions. I taught my second.


This picture doesn't do it justice. The room was really wide so you can only see about half the room here. If I knew how to take a picture while moving the camera (can't remember what that's called!) that would've been better. But this was a REALLY nice room to be in, and the second session went much better than the first.

I also met a couple of people here who had been on Morning Prayer with us from time to time. :-) That's always fun.

We also took some more group pictures:




Kitty also sang in the choir:


Pastor William Weedon was the plenary speaker today - nice to have him here. During free time, there was a "Find the Vicar" competition which was fun. Lots of planning and plotting going on with that one. Sadly, we didn't get to use Destry's duck tape to capture him, but still . . .

Also, as usual, I get to meet a lot of old pastor friends here:


Pastor Rock - basketball teammate


Pastors Phillips and Kieslowsky (Philly guy!)


Pastor Porath - another basketball teammate


Pastor Grams - former SELC guy


Dr. Fickenscher from the seminary

So one more day . . . A light schedule, but then the long drive home - losing an hour too! :-( But "Higher Things after dark" in the van, after dinner . . . every year I don't think I laugh as hard as I do at something during these times! But don't ask me to tell you about it. You have to be there. What happens in the van stays in the van! ;-)

No comments: