Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Is Abortion Declining?

Is the number of abortions declining? I'd like to think so. The article I posted yesterday made such an assertion, but I'm not so sure. I believe the number of surgical abortions is declining. That, I think, is probably pretty easy to determine. But why? Is the country turning pro-life? Again, I'd like to think so. But my gut tells me there is another answer: the "morning after" pill. How many of these are being purchased? And how many abortions are the result? Truth is: we cannot know. Did a fertilization take place and result in a baby? Maybe. Maybe not. But just to be sure, pills purchased, pills taken, implantation prevented, "problem solved."

This pill is marketed as "preventing pregnancy." So, if a pregnancy is prevented, it cannot be aborted, right? So these are probably not being counted. As I said, it would also be an inaccurate count since no one really knows if a fertilization has taken place. So rather than the country turning pro-life, I have a feeling many people are just being deceived. And the reality is that the number of abortions could actually be rising, and we don't even know it. So we who are pro-life must not be deceived either. There is still much work to be done.

No comments: