Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feeding the Birds

I thought that while we're feasting on bird for Thanksgiving, I would give the birds we feed at our backyard feeder their due! I am pleased that though I just put it back up on Friday, already many of our birds have returned! Here are the birds we typically get:




Carolina Wren










Tufted Titmouse



Chickadee








Common Sparrow








Cardinal










Junco








Downy Woodpecker








Golden Finch
(though in winter not
as bright as colorful as
this one!)








House Finch






These guys haven't made an appearance yet, but I'm sure they will!




Blue Jay










Red-headed Woodpecker






And these guys I wish would not come around! (But I know they will!) They can clean out my feeder in no time!




Grackle (yes, he's as mean as he looks!)







Starling





And, of course, this guy keeps coming to steal our seed, too! But most of the time we can keep him off the feeder . . . it's not easy though!













If we get any other visitors, I'll make sure to update!

No comments: