Monday, October 3, 2011

Customer Service?

So I'm on the phone with WebEx this morning . . . all morning, or so it seemed. Actually, it was only 2.5 hours. (Isn't that long enough?) I tried to help them understand that their service was having a problem, since neither me, nor those who were attending Morning Prayer on the Web this morning could connect the audio-video feeds.

Now, since I am in Springfield, VA, and the others were in West Virginia and about 30 minutes south of me, AND since I had this problem last week (which was a service problem with them), AND since I've been using WebEx for about 6 months now with this computer and operating system and browser, AND since nothing has changed . . . you'd think WebEx might realize that the problem was NOT with MY computer!! But noooooo, I had to endure hours of less than well-trained support people (who I'm sure were named "Peggy") go through their manual and make me jump through all kinds of hoops that I KNEW weren't going to work! Grrrrrrr.

So 2.5 hours later, still not working, they tell me to call Verizon and see if they're the problem. Right. Really? That's the best you can do? So I call Verizon. Guess what? They're not the problem! Well, I do a few other things (including checking out GoToMeeting as a possible replacement), but since I've wasted enough time and will now not be prepared for Bible Study (which is happening soon!), I depart.

Well, about an hour later I get an e-mail from them . . . and guess what it contains? The words (and I quote): YOU WERE RIGHT. One of their servers was down, which is why me and the folks out here couldn't connect. Gee, go figure. Someone knew what they were talkin' about!

Please WebEx, next time, listen. And if you work in customer service and support, listen. Sometimes the guy on the other end isn't a complete moron and might even know what he's talking about.

Rant off.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: