Tuesday, June 21, 2011

66 Devotions!

For a couple of years now, I have tried to send out a weekly devotional note via e-mail that I call "In Touch." During special times in the Church Year I may send more than one a week, but there have also been times where I have been "dry" and void of ideas and didn't send one out for weeks. I am amazed at my brother Dr. Scott Murray in Houston, who sends out a devotion every day! (And ones of great substance.)

Well, today I decided to try something: I am going to write 66 devotions, one for each book of the Bible. Each will be about the book's general focus, and emphasize how this book shows us Christ and the good news of His work for us. So that's a devotion each week for the next 15 months! Hopefully that, and a bit of inspiration sprinkled in between, will keep me going for a while and help me be more consistent with these. We'll see! And if you're interested, go here to sign-up for yourself and receive them. The first one goes out tomorrow morning.

No comments: