Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Semester in the Books

Well, today wrapped up my fourth semester of grad school. Normally that would mark the end of the classwork, but since I am only part time, I have another year+ to go. I am learning a lot and getting a lot better with my languages, which is a good thing. My task this summer is to learn how to read French so I can the proficiency exam in the Fall. Hopefully I can get into a routine and stick to it!

I am looking forward to doing some reading I want to do this summer, instead of school reading. I always have so much of that, its hard to fit in other stuff. But, as usual, this summer will fly by, so I probably won't get as much done as I hope to. In addition to French and reading, I want to translate an article I found in Latin, work on some Advent and Lenten series, put together a booklet explaining what we do in the liturgy, and add a bunch of stuff to our church web site. Already have a couple of weddings coming up, Vacation Bible School, and our family vacation! I'll have to post an update in late August and let you know how I did . . . :-)

For now, I'm just enjoying classes being done! Tonight I'm going to get a beer and watch my Phillies pummel the Nationals again. Roy Halladay is pitching - he's always fun to watch.

No comments: