Friday, December 11, 2009

You Ever Seen . . . ?

Have you ever been on a train, seen someone sleeping, and wondered if they were going to miss their stop?

Well, yup. Now, that's me!

Yesterday on my way home from school, I fell asleep. I didn't think I was that tired, but I guess I was. I woke up when the train was stopped at the station after mine - just in time to get off the train. Another few seconds and it would have been the next stop. Couldn't find any busses going back north, so I had to phone my wife to come pick me up.

It will be a long time before I sleep on the train again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great!

I've watched many people sleep on a train, mostly on the NYC Subway. It is hilarious how they can actually fall asleep on a train that makes so much noise while it jerks around. The Metro North and NJ Transit trains, especially after a long day, I can see myself conking out on them.

Actually last year, I went to the Billy Joel concert at Shea Stadium. When we left, we took the LIRR train back into Penn Station. I admit, I nearly nodded off.