Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thanks CM Almy!

I have a home communion set which I use for shut-ins and other sick calls from CM Almy. It was an ordination gift from my first congregation. It is quite nice and has received a LOT of use. As a result, the small, round piece of cardboard that seals the top of the cruet has deteriorated in recent years. I have been managing and trying to repair it, but to no avail. A new cruet from Almy costs $50! I did not want to have to pay so much to replace the whole cruet, since my problem was so small.

I was in Greenwich, CT last month (where Almy is based) and so went to their store to inquire whether they might have an extra top lying around in the back. You know, maybe a cruet broke and I could just get a new top. Well, no, they didn’t. But I left my name and contact information just in case.

Well guess what? I recently received in the mail not just a new lid, but a brand new cruet! There was no note in the package, and no bill – just a brand new shiny cruet. Not believing in my good fortune at first, I haven’t used it while waiting for a bill to arrive! But no bill has come. I am beginning to believe . . .

So here’s my THANKS, CM ALMY! And while in loyalty I encourage everyone to patronize CPH, I also encourage you to take a look at Almy. They sure have taken good care of me. (Ask me someday also about the mis-priced chausable I almost bought from them, for they were going to honor the wrong price on it! Unfortunately, it was the wrong size . . .)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is terrific. Whenever I go to the Almy store (not often, mind you), the only thing free I get from them is a smile and a thank you for spending money at their store.

May God bless your new cruet as it is used to His glory.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We at CM Almy take enormous pride in customer service and are glad that we could help you. Would it be possible for you to include a link to our website - www.almy.com so your readers can learn more about our company?