Thursday, March 19, 2020

I Leave All Things to God's Direction


I Leave All Things to God’s Direction
LSB #719

v. 1: I leave all things to God’s direction;
He loves me both in joy and woe.
His will is good, sure His affection;
His tender love is true, I know.
My fortress and my rock is He:
What pleases God, that pleases me.

Easier said than done, right? Easier said than believed and lived. We like to take matters into our own hands and not wait; not leave them in God’s hands. Perhaps one area this is true these days is with the restrictions and recommendations we are hearing from the government during this crisis. We may be tempted to ignore them, think we know better, and do what we want anyway. But as Christians, we know that however imperfect, God’s uses people and offices to help and guide us. Our Christian responsibility according to the Fourth Commandment is to obey them. So while we may not like living under the current guidelines, to do so is to trust our heavenly Father and leave things in His hands. He loves us at all times and in all that we’re going through. Will I get this virus? Will you? How long will this go on? How bad will things get? Lots of unknowns! And if everyone did what they thought best, there would be chaos. So instead pray, help as you can, and rejoice! Yes, rejoice! You have a God who loves you and sent His Son to save you. We wouldn't have thought to do that! So yes, His tender love is true, I know. The cross proves it. So we can leave all things to His direction, and rest in His love as His children.

No comments: