Monday, December 25, 2017

A Christmas Gift

You were in church last night. I was so overjoyed to see you. It had been so long. I’d been thinking about you and hoping to see you. And then I did, and my heart leapt for joy. 

Some people criticize those who come to church only on Christmas and Easter. I do not criticize you. Do I wish to see you more often? Yes. I want to see you every week. But that does not lessen my joy that you were there last night. I hope you felt my joy in you.

Last night we rejoiced in the gift of a Saviour. But I received another Christmas gift last night: you. Thank you for coming.

And if you’re reading this and didn’t come last night, I missed you. And I pray that you are my gift next Christmas. Or maybe sooner than that . . .


Your Good Shepherd and His unworthy undershepherd




No comments: