Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Joy

I am so glad the Christmas season begins on Christmas and runs for 12 days! Why? Because for me, Christmas joy comes after the Divine Service on Christmas Day. As much as I love the services and the privilege and opportunity to preach about the incarnation of our Lord, I cannot unwind and relax until those services are over. My mind is too caught up in the details and making sure things are ready. Then I come home and reflect on what I preached, on the significance of it all, and rejoice with my family - the greatest gift God has given to me, after His Son.

So Merry Christmas, one and all! And if you are so inclined, my Christmas sermons have been posted on our church blog (see link of the left) and will soon be on the church web site, with audio.

No comments: