Thursday, June 27, 2024

Higher Things Day 2

Today was an absolutely beautiful day here on the shores of Lake Michigan. After the sun went down it actually got cold last night! Quite a change from our temps back home. 

Conference-wise, two excellent sermons, the plenary speaker, Flame, really held the youth's attention while he spoke and not only told his story of his journey to the church and then later, Lutheranism, but also helped them understand the difference between the denominations and why it matters. There was a panel discussion with lots of good questions asked by the youth. Two breakaway sessions, too - I taught my second one. It went much better this time with one already under my belt. Lots and lots for the youth to do during free time - you can't get bored! Oh, and I've impressed some youth with both my ping pong and pool playing abilities (they forget I was young once!). 

Anyway, some pictures for you . . .


Youth waiting to get INTO church!


A look inside the Chapel of the Resurrection.


Flame presenting to the youth.


Chaplain Brian Hamer - Kantorei and trumpet playing buddy.


Seminarian James Chester - one of my summer vicars last year at Higher Things San Antonio.


Rev. Nathan Neugebauer - a couple of years ago he challenged me to get a picture on the Jackalope at Wall Drug - and I did!


Chaplain Craig Mueller, head of the chaplains for the LCMS.


Rev. Peter Ill, Worship Executive for Higher Things.


Rev. Joel Shaltanis, one of my newer pastor friends.


Rev. Randy Sturzenbecher, President of the Board of Higher Things.


Our group photo for this year!

No comments: