Friday, January 23, 2009

Leaving for Kenya

I leave for Kenya tomorrow (Saturday). I leave around dinner time and get into Amsterdam on Sunday morning. From there it's onto Nairobi, getting in Sunday night. I will stay overnight there and leave to fly across the country to Kisumu on Monday morning. Then a drive to the seminary in Mutongo and teaching Monday afternoon. Sounds tiring - hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep on the planes. If I get internet access, I plan on posting daily updates here.

I have two plans for my time on the airplanes. First, I must study my Latin and get caught up! Second, I am going to read Ben Hur. Some folks in my congregation told me that would be a good book to read, and I figured this would be a good time to do so! I'll enjoy the down time, though I am going to miss my family. I've been away from them for almost as long a time before - but never halfway across the world! That makes it different somehow.

I know that I am going to learn as much from the pastors there as I am able to teach - probably more. Hopefully, I'll be able to tell you about it here soon. Bye for now . . .

1 comment:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Praying for your safe travel and return.

Dan (in Norton, VA, on business :) )