Saturday, January 13, 2024

What's on My Mind

Well, I said I was going to try to post more this year . . . but this has been a busy week! Back to my full schedule and then some. Lots of emails, phone calls, video meetings, scheduling, and getting ready to go to a Pastors' Conference next week. (Whenever I have to travel, I have to work double to get things done and ready ahead of time.) So, no blog entries! Until today. Not sure what all to say, but here goes . . . 

We got our Christmas tree and decorations taken down this week. That's always sad. but time to move on.

We still have lots of Christmas cookies and sweets, so still eating too many of those! But I have such a large sweet tooth!

I realized the other day that it's not the big things that I have trouble with in my schedule and that make me busy - it's all the little things. Some days and weeks is death by a thousand cuts.

Amazon delivery has really slipped. Not too long ago, their two day delivery promise meant two day delivery. Not any more. Now, two day delivery is the exception, not the rule. So, I ordered new toner for our church printer, promised delivery: Thursday. Plenty of time to get the bulletin printed. But then Thursday, an email: delivery delay until Saturday. Okaaaay. Saturday morning comes . . . Saturday afternoon . . . no notification that my order is out for delivery. So off to Staples to buy the toner so we actually have bulletins for church. Not until Saturday night do I get the notification: delivery delay until next week. Good call on my part! But sheesh. During Covid, okay, I get it. But now. C'mon Amazon! Gotta do better.

The weather forecasters haven't fared much better. Earlier this week my daughter was excited: snow forecast for next week! Yay! But the next day the forecast changed - no snow. Then the day after that the snow was back. Really? C'mon.

Looking forward to my Pastors' Conference next week. We have so many vacancies right now our number will be down, but it will still be good to be with the brothers. But I hope some of our churches get pastors soon!


No comments: