Thursday, February 27, 2020

From God Can Nothing Move Me


From God Can Nothing Move Me
LSB #713

v. 1 - From God can nothing move me; He will not step aside
But gently will reprove me And be my constant guide.
He stretches out His hand In evening and in morning,
My life with grace adorning Wherever I may stand.

If you just read this title of this hymn, you’d think it was about our steadfastness and that there is nothing that could move me to leave God. But if you read through the entire hymn, you discover it’s not about that at all! Quite the opposite, in fact. It’s all about God’s steadfastness and love for us. That nothing can move me out of His love and care for me. He will not step aside. He and His love and grace for me are constant. He is dependable. He makes promises and keeps them. When things happen in life that make me question His love for me, the problem is not God but me! The cross shows me that. The Father gave His Son for me. The Son laid down His life for me. That’s God’s love for me! And that’s what the Lenten season is all about. Not what I do for God, but what God has done, and is still doing, for me. 

No comments: