Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Surprise Party!

Yesterday was my dear wife's 50th birthday, so I decided to have a surprise party for her! The party was on Saturday and we had approx. 60 people come - family from out of town, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and church folks. It was a great day and went really well. Here are a few pictures . . .


Here's all the family who could make it. Laurie's parents (from Detroit), her brother and his family (from north of Pittsburgh), my sister (from Connecticut), the peasant kids (two came back from college just for this!), and of course, my wife and I inside the "5" and the "0." We had those big numbers made and took everyone's pictures with them. :-)


Yeah! Cake! (My brother-in-law and I being silly.)


Robert is a young man in our congregation who turned 5 the day before the party. So we reversed the numbers and held them up for him!
This is a "wordle" we made from the descriptions of Laurie we asked the people to write down. I think it came out really well. :-)

A great day for a great woman - a true gift from God to me.

No comments: