Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Family

So, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, yes, but it was also my father's 91st birthday! So happy birthday Dad! Here's a picture taken by my daughter with her new camera, of him with his cake (chocolate with chocolate icing!):


On Monday I also went ice skating with my (younger) daughter. She's been taking lessons and wanted some rink time to practice what she's been learning. It was fun and I am glad I did so, even though I continue to wrestle with doing things like this. I guess because it's fun I think that instead of spending some time on a Monday having fun, I should be working. But I need to remember that I need to give my time to my family as much as I give my time to others. And my family makes many sacrifices for me and for me to spend time with others. So it was good. I just need to remind myself of that!

So a good day, Monday was. :-)

No comments: