Monday, June 28, 2010

VBS Day 1

Well, our first day of VBS is in the books. Not a bad day. In addition to our own children, we have some from the neighborhood coming back again from last year, as well as some new ones. I get to teach the "little ones class" this year - ages from 3 to 5. It was fun, and the kids really paid attention to the story, and liked re-enacting it with finger puppets a second and third time. We don't have as much help this year, so things are a bit busier than usual.

We decided not to use the CPH material this year (I'm sorry Paul, buzzing bees just looked a bit too goofy this year) - instead we pulled "Follow the Lamb" off the shelf (a program that we had done a number of years ago) and are re-using that. My daughter and I made some video clips about a man from the early church avoiding the Romans and talking about what it was like to be a Christian back then - the kids seemed to like the first one.

During VBS week, I usually try to back off my other responsibilities a bit since it is a busy week. But this year, with my vacation starting next week, I couldn't do that. So I've got a full load and then some this week. That's gonna make vacation taste that much sweeter!

No comments: